Terms and Conditions
FOR PRIVATE EXPERIENCES
Cancellations: 48-hour notice required for a full refund
Age Requirement: All guests must be 18 or older
Safety & Hygiene: All guests must follow COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Hans Herzog Estate reserves the right to cancel any private experiences booked if it feels that it cannot be undertaken safely or for any other reason. In the event of a cancellation, we will reschedule your private experience at your convenience, provide a voucher or refund all monies paid. Please provide us with suitable contact information so we can get hold of you on the day in the event of a cancellation. Please kindly arrive on time as late arrival will shorten the time your host has reserved for you or may result in unavailability to host the booking.
FOR PRIVATE WINE EXPERIENCES WITH THE HERZOGS
Experiences who involve the busy owners or take place outside of our office hours will be payable upon our confirmation.
Please provide us with suitable contact information so we can get hold of you on the day in the event of a cancellation.
Please kindly arrive on time as late arrival will shorten the time your host has reserved for you or may result in unavailability to host the booking.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- 10 days or more prior to experience – refund or rebooking possible
- 9 days to 48 hours prior to experience – 20% fee applies (or rebooking without fee may be possible)
- 48 hours prior or less prior to experience – no refund.
Hans Herzog Estate reserves the right to cancel any private experiences booked if it feels that it cannot be undertaken safely or for any other reason. In the event of a cancellation, we will, at our sole discretion, reschedule your private experience at your convenience or provide a voucher or refund all monies paid.
FOR COTTAGE BOOKINGS
BOOKING POLICY & PAYMENT TERMS
- Cottage bookings must be paid for at the time of reservation to secure and confirm your accommodation.
- A surcharge of $180 will be incurred for a stay of one night. This will be charged separately prior to your stay as an additional payment. Or on arrival on your stay with us.
- Our cottage has no kitchen facilities, but included in your stay with us is a sumptuous breakfast basket delivered to you in the morning or we can arrange a winemaker platter for $89 to dine in if booked in advance.
- Public holidays: Check in / out is not possible on a public holiday and thus requires a minimum stay of 2- or 3-night stay (e.g. Xmas and New Year 2022.
- A surcharge of 15% on the accommodation only is charged each night of a Public Holiday. This will be charged separately prior to your stay as an additional payment. Or on arrival on your stay with us.
- The cottage is non-smoking, but smoking is allowed on the verandah.
- The cost of any damage by guests to the cottage, antiques, furniture, decoration, equipment, appliances, and utensils will be added to your account/bill/credit card.
- Please note our cottage is unsuitable for children.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We only have one vineyard cottage and cancellations affect us hugely. We do have to enforce our cancellation policy and we strongly advise that you have travel insurance to cover any unforeseen changes to your travel plans.
- If a cancellation is made less than 60 days prior to your arrival, 100% of your entire stay will be charged.
- All cancellations will incur a 2.5% credit card transaction fee. Refunds will only be made to the credit card used to make the reservation.
- Moving a booking to a future date may be possible. Before cancelling, please contact us to discuss this option. Each amendment of a booking by the guests will incur a $50 administration charge.
- Where government-imposed sanctions restrict or deny the ability to travel, our cancellation policy will still apply. However, in these circumstances any cancellation fees incurred will be held in credit to be used within the following 12 months.
All prices are in NZD and include 15% GST
All transactions (bookings and cancellations) are in New Zealand dollars. Hans Herzog Estate does not accept payment in any other currency and cannot accept any liability for fluctuations in exchange rates between booking and cancellation transactions taking place. Hans Herzog Estate reserves the right to change its prices in the unlikely event that a price has been displayed incorrectly, although we will not do so without prior notification.
Payment may be made by credit card or monetary transfer into our nominated bank account:
Bank account details for Herzog Wine Collection trading as Hans Herzog Estate:
ANZ Swift #ANZBNZ22
ANZ Bank NZ Ltd
Account 01 0598 0133616 00
If paid by credit card: refunds will be made to the credit card used to make reservation.
DIETARY REQUIREMENT/ ALLERGIES
Please advise any dietary requirements and allergies at your earliest convenience.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, neither Hans Herzog Estate nor any other party involved in providing an experience will be liable to any person for any loss, damage or personal injury (including special, consequential or indirect loss) incurred or sustained as a result of or in connection with a private experience, including if a private experience is cancelled or unavailable for any reason.
ACCEPTANCE AND NEW ZEALAND LAW
By booking an experience with Hans Herzog Estate, you are taken to have accepted and are immediately bound by this agreement. This agreement is governed by New Zealand law. The law of New Zealand only will apply to any issues relating to or arising out of this agreement and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.